Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Twenty-First Century

Life can be so scary
especially when you know you're gonna die
wake up and work for hours
at a place you hate, and you're left wondering why

Life can be so stupid
when all the tables turn against you
been building this machine for ages
now it wont work, no matter what you do

My friends are changing
they're folding in on themselves
My family is aging
My memories are fading away

And I just want to be
I just want to be
I just want to be a loose screw

There's no need to be
no need to be
no need to be attached to the rules

Life can be so boring
just nine to five, five and nine, and nine to five again

I don't sleep
No time to dream
I wake up in the middle of the night and scream

I don't eat
I don't drink
I don't think about much
I just look around for the next available do-hah

Is it a problem
Or is it a solution?
I got problems
I need a revolution

Twenty-First Century
Twenty-One centipedes
The coins for your laundry and you
are the same thing

No comments:

Post a Comment