Friday, February 16, 2018

"They're just feelings. And no one cares about your feelings..."
Troy sucked down another hot and dry swig of his shaggy cigarette, which he rolled himself like he always does. I gazed out the window as midday Concord was pulled into a long stretching blur. "Damn. He's right." I thought. "No one cares about how you feel about anything. No one gives a damn unless it relates or has something to do with them." Troy turned down Claycord Ave. We were getting close to Clints house. I stayed silent for a while, thinking about all my feelings. Thinking about all the things I was afraid to share, all the opinions I kept bottled up, all the people who didn't care, including myself. It was like learning a new word. Or, seeing the World a bit more clearly. We sped by a goofy looking handmade mailbox resting on a long wooden beam. We were close, but I stayed silent the rest of the drive.

No comments:

Post a Comment