Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Contenders

I see what you're doing
You've found something new
You're learning how to flip your craft on its ear
and explore new territory.
And I'm proud of you.
I'm proud for you.
I'm inspired.
I'm envious.
It's so easy for you to share your work
You can just send a photo and wah-lah.
You're getting the credit you deserve.
You're getting up and out on the streets
littering the walls with your creation.
It's brave, it really is.
Watching you has helped me expose my fears
and in that exposition my goals are revealed.
There is much I have to share.
There is much work I have to do.
We are very alike, yet so different.
We both want to succeed!
And I am proud of you for wanting that!
We are both contenders fighting a similar fight
in a world riddled with wars of varying nature.
I am doing my best to be a friend.
I am doing my best to grow.
There's so much I want to say,
so much anger and hypocrisy waiting to be exposed,
but things of that sort are better forgiven and half-forgotten.
Because no matter how angry I get, or how jealous I become,
I love you, I care about you, I've got your back.
This is my gift to you.
It's small, but like the passion you have in craft
and in creating envy, 
it grows.


No comments:

Post a Comment