Thursday, May 8, 2014

Come on Strong

What did you think would happen?
You came in with a loose tongue, spitting
like a dog off a leash
carrying on about what you heard

I know, I know, I know, I know
I've heard it, heard it, heard it,
heard it all before
You know, you know, you know, you know
it's not worth it
but it hurts, so you like it

You didn't think it would happen
You placed a bet on the wrong hand, didn't you?
It was a long time coming
You fell fast face first on the cold, cold ground

You thought you knew it all
had it figured out from the start
Well, we've all come together now
do your best not to rip us apart

You come on strong
Like the wind before a storm
You come on strong
Like the waves beat down on the shore
You come on
Like the night before the dawn
You come on strong
Like the sound of fading away

No comments:

Post a Comment